12/13/11

The O.C

We were told to pic a topic too talk about in class, and I chose to talk about tv-series.

During my time alive, I watched a lot of TV-series:  One Tree Hill, The Hills, The city, 90210, pretty little liars, Vampire diaries, true blood, Two and a half men, How i met your mother, Big bang theory, South park, Desperate Housewives, Greys anatomy, home and away, Scrubs, that’s 70show, gossip girl and the O.C are mainly the once that I have been watching the most. 

 



It is very difficult for me to pick out one favorite TV-show, but the one series that have been affected me the most is the O.C. I have all the seasons on DVD, and i have no idea how many times i have seen it. The funny part is though, that i have never watched the fourth season even though i have bought it.
The show first aired in 2003 and became a huge hit, it lasted for 4 more years but something tragic happened in season 3 that resulted in a huge decrease of viewers.



The main persons in the series are Marissa Cooper, Ryan Atwood, Seth Cohan and Summer Roberts. But it is mainly about Ryan, which is a pretty troubled kid from a poor neighborhood who involves himself into the wrong environment. A lawyer by the name Sandy Cohen rescues him and lets him live in their house. In the first place it was supposed to be temporary, but they start to really care about the boy, and since he doesn’t have a home to return to, they manage to become a family over time. Seth and Ryan basically become brothers, and Sandy and Kirsten (Seth’s parents) starts to feel for him like he’s their son.

The relationships between the main persons Marissa, Summer, Seth and Ryan is changing throughout the series.  The series is structured so there is romance between Ryan and Marissa, and the same for Seth and Summer while Ryan and Seth are best friends, just like Marissa and Summer are best friends.




Season 3 ends with Marissa dying and after that i promised myself that i wouldn’t watch the following season to kind of “demonstrate” against the show. And i guess other people thought the same way, because they lost a lot of views after season 3, and they actually had to shut down the series after season 4. I was also upset about the fact that Ryan and Marissa didn’t end up together in the end. I find that extremely frustrating.
When Marissa dies they play the song “hallelujah”, so every time i hear that song I think about that scene, and I get a little sad.




All I have to say is that I love the O.C, and it will always have a special place in my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment